Monday, December 26, 2016

Well, it's been awhile.

Consistency and loyalty are two things I value most. Yet, my consistency with this blog has been so bad! My apologies for being gone for so long. 

I think I started this blog with the desire to fulfill something. I thought I needed a hobby, so why not start a blog? Only to realize I didn't have much to talk about. This hasn't been the first attempt in my hobby searching. I tried drawing, writing, photography. All of them fell flat, and I continued to search. I searched on Pinterest for lists of hobbies that I could try. After looking at the lists, I discovered most of them were expensive, took too much time or looked boring.

I started to ask myself, "Do I really need a hobby?" 

I'm busy with school and work. I have friends who like the same things as me. I'm ready for adventure when it presents itself. I read a good book when I have the time. What would a hobby give me? 

I'm not sure it would give me anything.

Therefore, I've decided to stop worrying about finding a hobby. This blog will just be for fun, and I will post when I have something to say. 

With all that being said, I'd like to update you on the events that have happened in the past 5 months or so:

- I finished an internship. I loved it and hated it at the same time.
- I started my senior year of college.
- I started learning Chinese.
- I started thinking and worrying about the future.

That is all. Thanks for reading.

- Shelly




No comments:

Post a Comment